You have likely heard many beauty and health influencers and experts offer their best skin care tips, but their recommendations leave you wondering, why is skincare so important?
Investing early in the health of your skin, with regular skin care, will better protect it from ageing and help to reduce particular skin concerns, but also keep your skin looking and feeling beautiful throughout the year.
Many factors can affect your skin. Skincare plays an essential role in your overall health and appearance. Your skin deserves protection as your largest organ and the first line of health defence. When considering skin care, you’ll want to be aware of your environment and daily health, such as diet, stress, skin concerns, and skin type. Skincare primarily focuses on the delicate areas on your face and neck, with regimes that concentrate on cleansing, moisturising and treating specific conditions.
You must note that desired results can take a some time to achieve. Consistency and patience are key! You will need to adopt a consistent skincare routine to nourish the skin to become glowing and radiant to feel your best self. Make time for a bespoke routine each day. By following a daily skincare routine, you are well on your way to achieving radiant skin to boost confidence.
Keep reading to discover Eden Skin Clinic’s top five reasons you should perform a daily routine.
A daily skincare routine will offer optimal results when you know your skin type. Understanding your skin’s unique requirements will enable you to find the right products that work best for you. You may use particular skin type classifications as a broad guideline to help you select the best products, even though everyone’s skin may vary over time.
Whether you deal with oily, dry, sensitive, acne-prone, or combination skin, you must use the right product. Understanding your skin’s features can better understand your skin type and help you start selecting the appropriate products. The Eden Skin Clinic team will be able to advise you on products for your specific skin concerns, as the label of most skincare products will only provide a guide for each skin type, meaning they may not necessarily be suitable.
Over the years, psychologists have studied the connection between physical appearance and self-confidence. If you don’t love how you look, it can cause issues with your confidence, impacting your daily life. This is why it is so important to prioritise a skincare routine, however quick or thorough it is. You should never underestimate the power of a little bit of self-care.
When you have a consistent skincare routine, the results will show on your face; you’ll have glowing skin!
Help Skin Insecurities
Neglecting your skin can lead to various skin concerns taking over, including acne, dehydrated skin and ageing. These can affect your self-esteem. Although a skincare routine may not eliminate skin concerns, it can help reduce and potentially reverse them. To offer yourself better skin conditions, consider what is in your skincare cupboard. At Eden we use AlumierMD therapeutic doses and supply the follow medically graded products to help.
- Cleanser – The perfect cleanser will wash off all the oil, dirt, and makeup buildup that has been sitting on your face all day. AlumierMD has a selection of cleansers from gel and foaming to creamy texture.
- Toner – Traditionally toner would help the skin’s protective barrier and contain ingredients that replenish the skin of its lost moisture and nutrients whilst soothing the skin. Now it’s very common that toners contain AHA’s or BHA’s to aid exfoliation and brighten the skin. They are still applied in the same way.
- Moisturiser – The biggest beauty tip that we hear is moisturising. Applying moisturiser after cleansing will prevent your skin from drying out, keeping it nourished, smooth and hydrated. One of the mistakes people make when it comes to moisturisers is that they need to use a product that fits their skin type. For people with oily skin, it is best to look for lightweight, oil-free moisturisers. For dry skin, a more hydrating cream can help lock in long-lasting moisture more effectively.
- Sunscreen – Sunscreen is a must to protect your skin from harmful UV rays, all year round. These rays are pointed at your skin daily, even when cloudy. To help reduce early signs of ageing, wrinkles and skin sagging, you should consider skincare products and foundations with SPF ratings. However, an SPF in your foundation will not provide adequate protection alone, and you especially during summer months you must reapply. AlumierMD uses physical sunscreen to help reflect the UV rays from penetrating the skin, these can come in either hydrating or oil free formulas.
- Exfoliator – An exfoliant is a supplement to your skincare regimen that you may want to use. Exfoliators can come in both chemical and physical forms, and depending on this they may be used, daily or once or twice a week to help remove skin buildup and enhance your skin’s texture and appearance. Within the AlumierMD product range they offer chemical exfoliants such as Bright & Clear Solution, and AHA Renewal Serum, or physical products like Lotus Scrub and Microderm Polish.
Improved Skin Hydration
If your skin is feeling dry and flaky, it’s time to introduce a skincare routine that helps rehydrate your skin. In conjunction with this routine, making sure you drink a sufficient amount of water will also help. Anyone can practise a skincare routine to help hydrate their skin in measurable amounts. You can incorporate key ingredients into your daily skincare and makeup routine that can help to restore skin hydration. For dehydrated skin, you should gravitate toward moisture-pulling elements, such as smaller molecule ingredients like Hyaluronic acid that penetrate further into the skin.
Good skincare is essential at any age. Taking on healthy habits in your 20s and 30s can strengthen and prepare your skin for the effects of ageing later in life. The skin has vital collagen and elastic production in your 20s and 30s. Therefore, it is good to push this further for gorgeous glowing skin.
Ageing is a natural part of getting older, but lifestyle factors such as sun damage will accelerate the process; therefore, protecting your skin with SPF-integrated products and performing a daily skincare routine can help.
As melanoma rates continue to climb, we advise wearing sunscreen or SPF products all year round. It would help to take precautions against excess sun exposure, as UV rays can harm your skin all year.
How Can Eden Skin Clinic Help?
While a daily skincare routine is a fantastic way to help retain healthy skin, you can help enhance your skin with some of our treatments. These treatments help to rejuvenate skin to offer younger, refreshed and hydrated skin, which can have great lasting results with a skincare routine.
Treatments that can help push forward your skincare routine are AlumierMD Facials and skin peels, bespoke HydraFacials, IPL Skin Rejuvenation and Mesopeel Chemical Peels. To book any of these treatments, you can either book online or call our central London clinics in Wimbledon or Kensington, where our staff can answer any questions. You must have an initial consultation and patch test before IPL Skin Rejuvenation or any skin peel treatments.